A Southern girl living (and loving it) on the West Coast. A lover of all things dance. A grad student trying to make it to the finish line...
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Plunger, please
I had my first plunging experience last night. No, I did not plunge off the side of a steep cliff, and I didn't plunge into a huge body of water. I used the toilet plunger! Shortly after going to bed, my roommate knocked on my door to say that something was wrong with our toilet (nothing disgusting). It would fill up with water when you flushed it, but the water only trickled out the drain and instead of refilling, the bowl would almost empty! We were both sort of puzzled as we stared at the toilet. Up to this point, we had avoided any major maintenance issues with our apartment (thankfully). So we were a little unsure about what to do. It was way too late to call maintenance, and it wasn't really an emergency situation like if our toilet had overflowed. And if our toilet had overflowed, K at least knew how to fix that, but what to do with a toilet that won't fill? At a loss, I spied the plunger sitting negelected in the corner. (Housing supplies every apartment with a plunger and everyone always prays that they won't actually have to use it. I mean, generally situations that require a plunger are not pleasant experiences!). So we gave the plunger a try. It took a couple of tries, but eventually, when we flused the water resumed its normal level. Hooray for the plunger! Crisis (ok, not really a crisis, but work with me here) averted! I've never had to use a plunger personally before so I was quite proud of myself for having crossed this milestone. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love it! Horray for justine and the plunger! It was a great story.
Post a Comment