Friday, June 02, 2006

Another One Bites the Dust

Today, as I was heading into the dance studio, I spied for dance teacher at the far end of the building smoking a cigarette. I was so disappointed! I really like this teacher. He's creative, always upbeat and energetic, and makes great analogies to get his points across. "He caved," I thought. Caved into the pressure, the stresses of the business of being a professional dancer. I have NEVER understood why dancers smoke. Oh, I've heard the excuses...it's an appetite suppressant...it keeps the weight down. What a bunch of baloney! Why would you poison your body, especially when you depend on the physical health of that body for your livelihood? How do you expect to do petite and grand allegro, let alone a full-length ballet, when your lungs are full of tar?!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday hon!!! glad you got to go dancing (yay for men who can dance!). haha. sorry about your stipend mixup, that sounds awful...as does the smoking dance teacher :(. everytime I see someone smoke, I want to grab it out of their hands and make them EAT it. haha. -CJ