A Southern girl living (and loving it) on the West Coast. A lover of all things dance. A grad student trying to make it to the finish line...
Saturday, July 22, 2006
Good Golly Miss Molly!
Good golly Miss Molly!...I am roasting from the heat! I haven't been able to sleep really well in the past week b/c it's been so hot. My apartment is great..lot's of windows, high ceilings, but unfortunately, the campus apartments don't come with air conditioning or fans! (This is the first time I've ever lived somewhere where they didn't have AC!). Normally the no AC thing isn't a big deal b/c I'm not at home during the day and at night it cools off, so I'm usually good if I just open the front and back doors to let the breeze through. However, weekends are a whole 'nother story! Today I did some volunteering at a nearby soup kitchen and while they didn't have AC either, it wasn't as noticeable since the room was large and there were few windows to let in the burning sun. When I came out to my car though, the outside temperature reading on my dashboard read 99 degrees! "Enough is enough," I thought. I MUST get a fan. Fast forward to failed trips to Target, WalMart, and Mervyns (I guess everyone had the same idea!). Sears was my savior! I grabbed a nice oscillating fan that can sit on the ground (about 15 inches) or can be raised to about 2.5 feet. I am now relaxing on my couch with the consistent breeze of my Blizzard fan while it's 106 outside. Ahh, life is good! (Now if I could only work up the energy to do some cleaning...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment