I want to come back as an Alvin Ailey dancer.
I say this a lot - "In my next life...". I'm not sure if I really believe in reincarnation (and this will not turn into a crazy philosophical blog), but I would like to believe that everything exists in continuum and that when we die we don't really cease to exist, but that our spirit lives on to try new things. (This probably stems from the fact that there are so many things I want to try and do in life that can't possibly fit into the 90 or so years that I've currently been given). Okay, that said, in my next life (as of today at least) I want to come back as an Alvin Ailey dancer.
We went to see Alvin Ailey perform in Berkeley last night and it was just amazing! I have seen them perform at least 3 times, but this one was my absolute favorite. I loved every piece, and throughout the show, I just wanted to get up and dance with them. I was literally still bouncing with energy, love, and happiness when I arrived home at midnight (and to be honest, even today).
So, bottom line... if you have a chance to see the Alvin Ailey company perform, do so, and you, too, will want to come back as an Alvin Ailey dancer. I guarantee it!
No comments:
Post a Comment