So, to update the checklist from earlier,
- cell bio proposal written, revised, and turned in - check!
- lab meeting presentation - check!
- oral defense of cell bio proposal - Tuesday AM
- take-home pathogenesis final - next Friday
- Spring break - not soon enough! ;)
I just gave lab meeting for my rotation, and now I'm so tired. I wasn't nervous until this morning, and adrenaline kept me going through the actual presentation. Although, I was stumbling over my words a lot (nerves), and I failed to answer some of the questions. Correction, I attempted to answer the questions, but I just didn't understand what they were asking sometimes. All in all, it was okay. Everybody said I did a good job, but don't you ever wonder what they really think? I mean, rarely will people tell you that you sucked. I think that 's why I always take compliments with a grain of salt. (Translation, compliments make me uncomfortable).
Well, this rotation is over. So long toxoplasma. How would I rate it? Definitely a 150% improvement over my last one! But this one wasn't perfect either. The research is very interesting, and I like the people but it's not quite as sociable as I would like. Last time, it was too sociable, but this time not quite enough. My mom said that they could just be waiting for me to institute some social togetherness. I replied, "Hmmm," in a doubtful tone. I'm not quite sure where I see myself, lab wise, but this is a possibility. Now, I just have to find out what the PI thinks when we meet tomorrow to go over how my rotation went.
Much thanks to Sandeep for the use of his lab desk the last couple of days, and to Jon Jones for letting me listen to his playlist. You gotta love Bob Marley and John Legend!
Peace out until later, peeps!
No comments:
Post a Comment