Tuesday, May 23, 2006

5 Things

5 Good Things About Moving to/Living in California:

1. The weather. (In a few simple words...nearly perfect, no tornados, no hurricanes, no humidity.)
2. Living in the same time zone as my sister. (Now instead of calling and waking me up at 1am, it's only 10pm).
3. 45 min from the ocean.
4. 3.5 hr from Tahoe and skiiing (that is if I knew how to ski)
5. I'm closer to Hawaii (although still a 5 hr plane ride)


5 Bad Things About Moving to/Living in California:

1. The price of gas. (Currently the cheap gas is $3.35 and that's DOWN 10 cents from last week!).
2. Chains Restaurants. (Californians seem to have something against chain restaurants, but every so often you just crave a little bit of the familiar).
3. It gets cold at night, even in the summer! (That means that you waste 2 outfits a day! Man, where's the humidity when you need it?)
4. The cost of groceries. ($3.80 for a loaf of plain bread? Come on!)
5. They have big, furry caterpillars that hang from the trees! (Eww! Watch where you walk!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahah. caterpillars...scary. I never thought about the 2 outfits deal, good thing you've got a ginormous amount of clothing :) -CJ

herewegoagain said...

I'm a native San Diegoan (is that right???) and I miss it all so much. BUT, yep, prices are ridiculous. And not only the bugs, but what about the giant eucalyptus (sp) trees that just "fall" on people walking by?

Scary place. Lovely place. I'm jealous!