Spring has finally arrived in northern California! It has been an incredibly rainy winter (if you can stretch your imagination to consider that California has a "winter"), even breaking the record books. I for one am thankful for what the green it has brought to this oft barren land, but not thankful for the bugs....or birds that chirp at some ungodlly hour before 7am! But all that aside, I am mostly thankful that the rain has stopped, and the temperatures have finally risend out of the low-mid 60's! Hopefully we're in for the weather that I moved to California for...sun and 70's! (People think I'm joking when I say I moved to Cali for the weather. I'm not. Really). The other day I was watching the weather channel and saw that St. Louis was in the 90's. For a BRIEF moment, I was jealous, but then reality hit and I remembered what 90-degree heat and humidity feel like. Sorry! Been there, done that, have moved on to "greener" (well at least less humid) pastures! Coming from Atlanta (a.k.a. HOT-lanta) and spending four years (and four summers!) in St. Louis, I am truly looking forward to a summertime of beautiful weather that is easy to enjoy (ie. can be outside for more than 2 minutes without being drenched in sweat!). Mmmmm...I can't wati!
Spring also ushers in another wonderful thing...spring clothes! I finally moved my sweaters out and my tanks, tees, and capris in! I love it! It's like shopping without having to spend the money (well, technically I guess I've already spent the money, but that's besides the point). My roommate laughed at me the entire time I was switching my clothes over....She can't believe how many clothes I have. Well, I can't believe that she can fit her ENTIRE WARDROBE (including spring, summer, fall, and winter clothes) into one small closet and one set of chester drawers! Oh well, I enjoy my variety.
Toodles for now; tomorrow brings another beautiful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment