Friday, February 03, 2006

Let the Games Begin

I just about an hour the second ever JP and KH "Games Night Extravaganza" will commence. My roommate and I tried this last quarter and it was an abysmal failure. We invited 15 people and got 2. So, what is Games Night Extravaganza you ask? Well, it's simple..you gather some friends together, gather some snacks together, and settle down for a relaxing (and competitive?) evening of board games. I our original thinking was that this would be a great way to bring together friends from our respective programs (KH is musicology and I'm microbio) and meet some new people. (Heavy emphasis on the meet new people aspect - we're trying to expand our horizons and our network of friends...okay, basically, we're just trying to meet people!). Not discouraged, we decided to try this Games Night thing again this quarter - only this time we invited almost everyone we know! In fact, ever since last time, I've been collecting a mental (and email) list of people I've met through various occassions to invite to tonight. I think the invite totat this time around was around 30 people. (I was going to invite the second-years in my program, but as there's 14 of them and limited space in our apartment, they will have to wait until spring quarter). So on Sunday the invitations went out via email (last time we did the evite thing, but suprisingly, it wasn't such a resounding success...go figure), and we waited with baited breath over the week for RSVPs. At first there were a lot of "Thanks, but no thanks" type of responses, but by midday today (the day of the party!) we've had increased our numbers to about 20 people! I can hardly believe it! We'll see how many people actually show up but keep your fingers crossed! I'll let you know how it goes! Oh, and by the way, the games we have for tonight are:

Scrabble
Monopoly
Cranium
Taboo
90's Trivial Pursuit (harder than it sounds)
Scene It - movie version (a fun new DVD game)
Disney Scene It (I can't wait to give this one a try)

No comments: