Friday, February 17, 2006

Pleasantly Exhausted

So it's Friday and for once the week wasn't so stressful - busy, but somehow not direly stressful. I even went to dance class tonight - a slightly more advanced one than ususal and it was good but I am now pleasantly exhausted. On tap for the 3-day weekend?...

...some shopping. My roommate and I are going to the grad student formal in two weeks and we're going to check out the dress selection at the mall. I don't technically need a new dress as I have about 4 or 5 that I've collected over the years, but what they hay...maybe it's time for something different. On the most recent update about the formal, they listed the attire as "creatively black-tie." What does that mean? I think I'll be on the look out for something short (not too short!), flirty, and in a halter style. Shoes are covered, but what about handbags?

...some studying. Well, I am in school and I can never seem to get away from the constant work. But I have learned "all in moderation" means studying, too.

...some "life" as my sister calls it. This means laundry, grocery shopping, getting an oil change, etc.

...some Olympics. Unfortunately, I haven't watched as much of the winter olympics as I've hoped, but maybe I'll get some in (and then again maybe not).

...a non-date with my speed dater. Yep, that's right folks. I got an email from one of the guys at the speed dating event from last week. We've decided to meet up for dessert (interesting choice and infinitely more appealing than the coffee/tea/soda option) on Sunday afternoon. We're meeting at a sufficiently neutral place, the CoHo on campus, and my roommate will be ready to give me an emergency call on the cell if it looks like a bust. Hmmm, we'll see how it goes.

...and finally, some sleep?

No comments: